Thursday, January 12, 2006

A horseshoe up my butt

After playing really well lately, I have decided to be a complete donkey. I have lost my focus and I am simply going through the motions at the poker table. My basic problem is that I win for awhile and then I don't care until I lose what I won. For example, two days ago... I played great and won a bunch at Full Tilt and Ultimatebet. Yesterday and today, I pissed most of it away playing like a donkey.

This evening, I decided to play a single table of $1/$2 limit at FTP. I played well at first, but then I started to make donkey moves. It's totally a lack of patience.

The cure for this problem is to quit. Instead, I decided to play a 6-max $100 NL game. I bought in for $50, which is my usual. I only played 30 hands, which was enough for me to triple my stack. Here are the key hands:

Hand #2

Dealt 77 in the small blind. The button raises to $4; I call. The flop is As Js 4h. I check; he bets $4; I check raise to $12; he calls. The river is 7h. I go all-in; he calls with Ac Td. I double up.

Hand#3

It's folded to me on the button; I raise to $4 with A9o. The big blind calls. The flop is 7 5 3 (rainbow). He bets $3; I call. The turn is a 2. He bets $3; I call. The river is a 4. He bets $7 with K3o; I call with my wheel.

Hand#14
It's raised to $4; I call from the big blind with 56s. The flop is 6 5 5. He bets $5; I call. The turn is a 2. He bets $25; I raise all-in; he calls with QQ. The river is a brick. He complains that I called with such trash.

Hand #24
There's one limper when I raise to $4 from the button. The small blind, big blind, and limper call. The flop is Qd Jd 7h. It's checked to me; I bet $10 into a $13 pot; the small blind calls. The turn is Kh; I bet $25 and the small blind calls. The river is a blank; I check; he flips over AA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home