Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sun Poker

I started another PSO promotion at Sun Poker today. I hope to patiently clear this promotion -- we'll see if that happens. I have a history of getting impatient and trying to clear hands rather than playing poker. So far, I have played a little $0.50/$1.00 limit, which has netted me 3 points (I need 750 to clear the promotion). I need something like 250 points to clear their $40 monthly bonus and the $50 sign-up bonus. So far, I am up $1 or so.

In other news, I almost busted out at Poker Stars yesterday. I kept taking bad beat after bad beat. In the first, I was in a $5+0.50 SNG. I flopped top pair and pushed all-in against a guy who called me with ace high... and an ace hit on the river. He claimed that he was "pot-committed". I seriously doubt that he had any concept of "pot-committed", especially for a tournament because he was nowhere near pot-committed to call my bet with ace-high. Oh well. Those are the breaks. In the next hand (now limit holdem), I flopped top two pair when I held JTs. My opponent was betting like crazy with J9o. I should have won a HUGE pot, but the turn and river put nines on the board, giving him a full house. My stack was already tiny, but this put it in dire straits. I finished the session with only $10 left. I played a little no limit last night and I won maybe $8-$10 at 6-max tables with blinds of $0.05/$0.10.

I also played a little no limit at Full Tilt -- I lost $0.50, so little to report there. I am playing just a little each day at Party, but I have been winning $10 or so each day. I won $17 today playing $50 NL in just 45 hands. I am seriously considering playing $50 NL at Party now, considering that I am playing these stakes at Full Tilt with about half the bankroll. I just need to be careful, which is a good idea considering how ridiculously aggressive I can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home