Sunday, January 01, 2006

Inconsistency

I have cleared my PSO promotion at Poker Rewards, but I am still playing there to clear the $200 bonus that I will receive once I clear 2000 raked hands. To recap, I played poorly at the start, losing about $75. I then played really well, and rebuilt my stack to +$100. After that, I stupidly started 6-tabling, which netted me a pretty big loss (back to -$25). I then had a bad session of 6-max limit, and I was -$50. Yesterday, I got my head out of my butt and I 4-tabled and netted a nice win at all four. So, I am now +$10 with about 400 raked hands to go.

2005 in Review

I don't know how much I've made off the top of my head, but it was better than 2004 (~$1600). I played really well in January and February, playing mostly no limit. Then, Party Poker changed the ratio of max buy-in to blinds and I played poorly and started losing. Oh yeah, I also lost $400 in a single hand trying to bluff a donkey with middle pair, four kicker.

In March, April, and May, I played really well $1/$2 6-max at Party. After that, however, I discovered bonus-whoring and I started playing a couple of new sites. My play leveled off and I stopped winning (except for the bonuses).

In May and in July, I made two trips to Quetico Provincial Park, catching my first Lake Trout (May) and my first trophy northern pike (22-25 lbs, July).

In August, I discovered PokerSourceOnline, which initiated a new era of bonus-whoring.

In October, our first baby was born.

In summary, my poker has been so-so, but I am upbeat about poker in 2006. I learning to grind again and I am showing glimpses of being a top-level poker player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home