Friday, December 09, 2005

Not too much to say

I've been playing quite a bit but not making any progress either up or down. Party Poker gave me a reload bonus today, which is $100 that requires 1000 raked hands.

I spent my entire lunch hour, therefore, 8-tabling $0.50/$1.00 limit. This equated to about 500 hands, about 60% of which were raked. I lost more than $25 in the process, which was a total bummer. I played pretty tight and pretty aggressive, but I caught suck-out after suck-out after suck-out. For example, I'd raise with AK and get two callers. The flop would be A 3 4; I'd bet and get one caller. The turn was a two. Check; bet; call. The river is another 2. Check; bet; raise; and I make a crying call. The donk flips over K2!

I did not tilt once, which I am proud of considering that has been a problem lately.

After that, I played a full ring $50 NL table. I have played very well, except for one hand that cost me a buy-in. There was one limper from middle position and the small blind limped also. I raised from the big blind with QQ and the limper folded. The small blind, however, raised and I pushed all-in. He flipped over AA. Doh! I've grinded my way back towards even (stuck maybe $7). Overall, I am about half-way to clearing the bonus.

In other poker news, I had a really excellent day playing $1/$2 limit at Full Tilt. I won like $42, which pushed my stack there above $200 for the first time in a lllllloooooonnnnnggggg time. Given my problems at Party Poker, which has always been my "big stack" site, I find it interesting how my bankroll is now about distributed between UltimateBet (25%), Full Tilt (25%) and Party (50%).

One final thought -- I started playing a little at Poker Stars again. I bubbled in a 7stud SNG and I took third in a NLHE SNG. I also busted 7th in a NLHE SNG when I pushed with JJ against a board with 3 hearts. Doh! Anyway, I recovered some of that playing $0.05/$0.10 NLHE 6-max tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home