Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bad Poker and the Pokerroom

I had another bad day of poker yesteday at Party Poker. I played a 6-max limit $1/$2 table that had 3 super-donkeys that kept sucking out on me. It was very frustrating to say the least. My bankroll there is now the lowest that it has been in probably a year. I am trying to think of a good strategy to rebuild. I am currently considering 7stud, full table limit, and $25 NL.

In other news, I signed up for another PSO promotion, this time at Pokerroom. The attraction was the upgrade to 9000 PSO points. So far, I have really screwed this one up. First, I deposited $500 to get the full $200 sign-up bonus. I forgot to read the fine print, however, and I won't get any of this bonus because I have to clear 10000 pokerroom points to get it. Oops. My next big mistake was playing short-handed tables and playing them poorly. Double oops. I was stuck about $100 at one point, but I have been grinding my way back since then. I think that I have recovered about half of that as of now.

So far, this is my least favorite site this side of Pacific Poker. I can't figure out how to get any statistical information, even something as simple as the number of hands that I have played. My biggest pet peeve, however, is how their waiting list works. Once your seat becomes available, a table magically (and quietly) appears out of nohere, usually on top of one of my existing tables. This has caused a couple of misclicks so far. Right now, my hope is to grind my way back to even, clear the PSO promotion, and cash out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home