Tuesday, November 15, 2005

More Titan Poker

I played for about an hour last night, with one table open at Party and two open at Titan Poker. The game at Titan was very aggressive and very scary for someone with a short bankroll; otherwise, it would have been a gold-mine. As it was, I have been doing very well there.

My plan was to play very tight, trying to essentially clear the bonus while avoiding big pots. My first hand was AQs from the button and the big blind raised me all-in, so I folded. He did this a lot, so I figured that he did not have a hand but I didn't really want to gamble with AQ. After about 40 hands at this table, I figured that it was too aggressive for my short bankroll and that all of the pre-flop raising meant fewer flops, which was bad for bonus clearing. I then opened another 6-max table as well as a full-ring game. The six-max table was much more tame and I grinded back to even for the night. The full-ring game was also VERY aggressive. My first orbit, I was dealt AKo on the button. There were a lot of limpers and so I raised 6X the big blind and almost everyone called! The flop came rags and one of the middle position people went all-in. I folded and he flipped over KK, winning a nice pot. I played tight for a few more orbits, until I got bored and dealt KJo on the button. After four people limped, I raised 4x the big blind hoping to thin the field and catch a nice flop. About half of the limpers called until the last limper, who made a big re-raise. I figured that he had crap given this would be an awful way to play AA or KK (based on his limp from late position after several limpers and he did not push all-in). Truthfully, I was slight pissed at getting re-raised all of the time. Anyway, the flop came JJ2. He pushed all-in and I called. I caught quads on the turn and almost doubled up on the hand. For the night, I won like $20 at Titan, which means that my win rate there is something like 15 big bets per 100 hands. I know that I cannot continue that pace; I just hope that I can at least play steady poker until I clear my 3500 stars to get my poker chip set.

My night at Party was uneventful for most of the night. I wanted to win a small amount, primarily to bring my stack back near $500. I was grinding away all night, winning small pots here and there. I then was dealt AA and I raised, getting one caller. The flop was a good one: K 9 5, rainbow. I made a pot sized bet and I got called. The turn was a 5, giving me aces up. I figured that my opponent at best had K9, so I viewed this as a good card for me. I clicked the "bet pot" button, hoping to get a fold. I got check-raised all-in, which was like another $1... so I called. He flipped over AKo and I won a big pot. My net win for the night at Party was $20, which puts my stack back to where it was when I cashed out.

So, my plan seems to be working for now. I want to grind up to $550 at Party and to start playing $50 NL again. I also want to grind at Titan, hoping to break even on my way to clearing the PSO bonus so that I can get my Nevada Jacks chip set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home