Sunday, November 13, 2005

I've been busy; poker has been good

The in-laws are visiting this weekend, which has kept me busy. Last week was also a big work week, so that kept me pretty busy too.

Nonetheless, the poker has been good. After my last blog, I was punished by the poker gods and I lost $50 in about 100 hands. After that, though, I won it all back fairly quickly. I snuck in a little $50 NL, winning a big hand when I sucked out on the river. Actually, I had top pair plus the nut flush draw and caught two pair on the river to beat my opponents smaller two-pair. It wasn't a great play, but it wasn't awful either. Anyway, the short story is that I built my Party Poker stack up to $600 and I cashed out my $100 as promised. I now plan on bulding my stack back to $550 where I will try $50 NL again. If I lose the $50, then I'll drop back down to $25 NL.

At the other sites, I have been playing well also. I won $10-$20 at Absolute and a similar amount at Full Tilt. My bankroll is bigger than it has been since early September. I am playing really really well. Part of the reason for the high quality of my play is that I am using PokerTracker. I don't think that it is helping me get better reads on my opponents, but it is helping a lot with self-analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home