Sunday, October 30, 2005

Grinding away at Paradise; some up-and-down at Party

The background story: A month or so ago, I deposited $200 to do a PSO promotion to get a poker table. I played mostly $0.50/$1.00 limit and I was about even when I cleared the promotion. After that, though, I donked away about $75. Fearing losing the entire $200, I cashed out $100, leaving me short-stacked. I eventually got my stack as low as $5 before I made a comeback playing $0.05/$0.10 (blinds) no limit. As of this weekend, I had my stack back to $50.

So, I spent most of yesterday playing at Paradise, trying to get back to even. I was assisted by a reload bonus, which would normally clear rather quickly, but given the micro-stakes that I am playing... it clears slowly. The good news is that my new-found no limit strategy is working well. So, I scratched my stack from $50 to about $67 by 3-tabling $0.05/$0.10 no limit. Then, last night I started playing a single table of $0.10/$0.25 no limit, and I donked away some of my winnings, but not much as I had much of my money donked back to me. Seriously, I flopped a full house and I had a guy raise me on the flop, turn, and river with 23s, which was the WORST possible hand. After that, I played a little 5-max $0.10/$0.25 and I won a few more bucks and I cleared $10 of bonus. My stack at Paradise is now $83, which means that I had a great day considering the piddly stakes that I was playing.

I played a little bit at Party also yesterday. I decided to play $0.25/$0.50 no limit, and I immediately donked off $25. I eventually won most of that back, losing a total of $3 on the day. I didn't play very seriously at Party, which is a big mistake. I really want to start playing winning poker again. I plan is to reward myself with a $100 cash out if I ever get my stack there back to $600.

The other big activity of the day is that I went fishing yesterday morning, probably for the last time this year. We started right at day break. The action was generally slow, although we each caught about 5 fish in 90 minutes. I caught two of my fish casting a tube jig up a storm-sewer that held warmer water. I caught my last fish accidentally; I casted the tube up to a good spot and then had to maneuver the canoe around a bit. When I returned, a rather large fish was attached to the end of my line. It was a ~5 lb carp, but it was still fun to catch. That was literally my last cast of the day, as Jeremiah had to leave to watch the Gophers get beat by OSU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home