Thursday, October 20, 2005

Still running good... except...

I played a little bit more poker yesterday. It was all $0.50/$1.00 and most of it was full ring. The exception to the full ring was during my lunch hour yesterday, where I played a single table of $0.50/$1.00 6-max at Party. I was using PokerTracker and I had a juicy table that had 3-4 people who had VP$IP's greater than 60%. Sounds great, huh? I lost $35 in 52 hands. I still have no idea how. I would get a good hand (for 6max), raise and get 4-5 callers. And then I would totally miss. I would get a small pocket pair on the big blind, flop a set and lose to a straight. It was terrible. Absolutely terrible. These donkeys would make the worst plays possible when I was not in hand (capping on the river with less than top pair!) but they would flip over the nuts against me.

Anyway, after that... I played for about an hour last night at home. I was feeling confident, so I played 2 tables at Stars, 2 at Full Tilt, and 2 at Absolute. I had nice wins at Absolute and Full Tilt (somewhere in the 5-6 big bets per 100 hands range), but I lost $7 at Stars. The net was a win rate some around 2 big bets per 100 hands. I was pretty much card dead at Stars. I was making a huge score at Absolute until I lost a huge pot on the turn with AA vs. KQ and AK. I mistakenly thought that my set of aces on the turn were good, when they actually gave KQ the nuts. This was a 6-table mistake in that I did not see and/or consider the straight draw carefully enough.

I played REALLY well at Stars though. I made some nice lay downs of AK very early in hands when I was essentially drawing dead. One hand was capped 5-ways pre-flop and I became very worried when the big blind came out firing. He had 22 and the flop was A 6 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home