Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The old standby

Last night was a bad night at Paradise Poker. I don't know why exactly I am playing there, considering that I should be playing at Poker Stars. Anyway, I lost a bunch and after cashing out $100... my bankroll was down to $11 at one point. So, I decided to resort to my "old standby", which is to play heads up ($5 + 0.25). I am pretty good at them and I can usually grind up my bankroll nicely as long as I stay focused. The good news is that Paradise has a pretty good structure for these things. The blinds increase every 10 hands, so you can play solid for awhile... but sooner or later you are going to have to take a chance. I am playing ultra-aggressive these days, so it works out well for these.

It also helps how awful the other people play sometimes. For example, a dude went all-in preflop with ATo a couple of hands ago... virtually no match for my AQs. It took me five hands to get a read on him, so I figured my AQ was good. I eventually won the SNG when he bluffed all-in on the river with 9-high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home