Sunday, October 09, 2005

A lot of baby; a little poker

We finally made our way home from the hospital on Wednesday. The baby is doing great but Mom was having a few problems. We returned to the emergency room Friday night, but it now looks like everyone is in the clear.

Given the midnight diaper changes and the fact that my mother-in-law has been staying with us, I have played very little poker lately. Party Poker came out with their monthly bonus, and mine was essentially unattainable. So, for now, I am going to try and clear my PSO bonus at Paradise Poker and clear my Poker Stars bonus.

In general, I have been playing losing poker for several weeks now, but I think that is about all to change. I am playing less seriously now, which means fewer tables and I am not trying to win every hand that I played. I had one really nice hand this morning where I was dealt KK in the small blind. I played it aggressively preflop, on the flop, and on the turn. I then checked the river, thinking that my opponent might bluff (I had him on top pair)... which he did, flipping over ace high? WTF? Oh well, that gave me a really nice session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home