Saturday, September 24, 2005

Absolute Poker and....ummm..... winning?

I opened an account at Absolute Poker yesterday to take advantage of a referral system set-up at www.pokersourceonline.com. In addition to the normal sign-up bonus (150% up to $150), I also will get Poker Tracker software. I cleared enough of the bonus last night to qualify for the software, but I lost abuot $50 in the process. It hardly does me any good to lose $50 to get a $50 piece of software for "free".

So, I spent alot of today grinding away at Absolute poker and I have actually grinded my way all of the way back to even at the site. It helps that every 100 raked hands nets me another $10 of bonus, but I was steadily winning all day... probably somewhere in the 3-5 big bets per 100 hands range. I think I have figured out part of my problem. I am pushing good hands in bad spots. I need to stop doing that. Also, I was really unlucky lately... flop a set and let my opponent catch runner runner for a flush. Stuff like that. Some of that luck turned around today, though, and I had very few bad beats. In fact, I had one had with JJ on the big blind where is was raised preflop and I just called. The flop was rags (with a paired board), so I bet out and I got only one calller. The turn was Jc, giving me top full house (second nut) and putting a flush draw on the board. The river was another club and the river was capped by the donkey who thought his king-high flush was good.

As of right now, I am even at Absolute (maybe a little ahead) with alot of bonus yet to clear. So, things are looking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home