Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Heads Ups SNGs

For whatever reason, I played very little 7-stud at Party yesterday. I played 6 hands, which netted me more than $30 in profit. I won a single hand where I caught a king-high flush. I had four (yes, FOUR!) callers to the river, each holding two pair. It was just a huge pot. Simply awesome.

I don't know why, but I just can't seem to shake my desire to play at Full Tilt. This weekend's lesson, however, was to try and find a "soft" game. I think I might have found it, although my game is not quite ready for it. The game is heads-up SNG's. Basically, basically they are heads-up freeze-outs, just like in Rounders. They are fun and I think I should have a pretty big advantage once I get a strategy worked out.

I played 16 of these last night, two of which lasted only one hand. In one, I caught a flush and had a guy go all-in with top pair (wtf?). In the other, I had a great read on my opponent for top pair, while I had top pair, top kicker. I pushed, he called, and he caught one of his three outs on the river. Grrrrr.

For the night, I won 8 and lost 8. Substracting for rake, I lost $4. I played one more this morning; and I won, so I am not profitable on these things by $0.75. Regardless, it seems like a great way to build my bankroll and have fun too. These matches are perfect for someone who only wants to play one table at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home