Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dyson!

Last week, I cashed out some of my hard earned poker winnings and told the wife to buy whatever she wanted. Now, we have about all of the "toys" that either of us could want, and, well, my wife is nothing if not practical. So, she decided a garbage disposal and a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

The installation of the garbage disposal was a rare treat. My wife assumed that her father could install the damn thing, and he was certainly ready-and-willing. The problem here, though, is that he did not have the skill-set to get the job done. Fortunately, I have an intuitive ability with plumbing (i.e., I can usually "guess" how things are supposed to work). With our combined skills, therefore, we were almost able to install the damn thing correctly. Luckily, our friend Ryan was visiting us and he actually understands plumbing. After making a minor correction, our garbarge disposal was installed and working as designed.

I am sure that I will enjoy the garbage disposal to the fullest extent that a garbage disposal can be enjoyed. But to be honest, we moved into this house about a year ago and I have not missed it.

The other purchase that Kelly made (Dyson vacuum) seemed a bit frivolous given the expense (~$500) and the fact that we already owned two vacuums. But with two cats and a baby on the way, Kelly thought an improved vaccuum cleaner could substantially reduce the amount of cat hair in the house, which would be a good thing for our baby. After using it today for the first time, all I can say is "wow".

This vacuum is amazing! It picks up as much cat hair as advertised. It is incredibly well designed and easy to use. The neatest feature (in my opinion) is that the clear plastic catch basin for the dirt -- it allows to see what you are colelcting. In our case, our new Dyson collects an amazing, astonishing, ridiculous amount of cat hair. Our house looks noticeably cleaner.

The Dyson vacuum is well worth the money and I wish I had bought one a long time ago. It was worth real money, not just poker winnings. By the way, if the Dyson company would like to contact me to be in the commercials, I can be reached via e-mail at frazwood@yahoo.com. Actually, all of my readers are welcome to contact me there. No one ever has.

One last thing: Go Irish! Unfortunately, I think Michigan is going to kick the crap out of Notre Dame today. ND is full of confidence after beating Pittsburgh last week, but then Pittsburgh lost to Ohio University last night. For those of you not reading closely, that was Ohio University, not Ohio State University. Big difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home