Monday, September 05, 2005

In-laws and a vaccuum cleaner

My poker world went a little hay-wire last week when Party Poker, UltimateBet, Poker Stars, and Full Tilt Poker announced reload bonuses. I systematically started pursuing these bonuses, first by doing three consecutive deposit-withdrawals at Ultimate, Party, and finally Stars. Because UltimateBet and Stars do not have a time limit to clear their bonus, I spent what little poker time that I had this weekend clearing the Party Poker bonus. During that process, I perhaps built my bankroll an additional $40.

Most of my weekend was spent entertaining my in-laws and another couple who visited us for the weekend. I went golfing on Friday at Edinburgh, which is a very nice and difficult course in Brooklyn Park. I shot a 95, which is a good score considering the difficulty of course and the fact that I had only played 27 holes this year. On Saturday, I went fishing on the Mississippi River. The action was generally slow, but we brought home plenty for lunch. I caught one nice smallmouth that I figured for about 3 lbs, but it was much larger than one of the fish that I filleted that was a solid 16 inches (I measured it when I got home). Sunday was a day of rest (and baby sitting). This morning, we went back out on the Mississippi where the action was better, although we did not catch as many big fish.

My poker today has been mostly at Full Tilt (losing) and at Poker Stars (winning). I am trying really hard to be patient and to avoid mistakes. I have had some brutal suck-outs, such that can only occur when someone calls a raise with 58o and flops a straight. It makes it really easy to lose money when you hold KK. Grr. I had the worst beat of my life on Sunday. I held KK and flopped a set on a board with two hearts. The turn and river were both hearts, and the pot was taken down by a guy who held 5c 2h. He called to the river with nothing but the worst possible flush draw. Oh well, back to work. I don't have alot of time to play today... so I had better make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home