Sunday, August 28, 2005

Session Analysis

Hand 1: Big Blind

Dealt to frazwood [ 4s 8h ]. Fold to a raise.

Hand 2: Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 6s 6h ] Call (7 callers) [ Qd, 6d, Qc ]. Bet-Call. [ 2s ] Check-Raise. [ 4h ] Bet. frazwood wins, opponent had three of a kind, queens.

I called here because I thought that I had the pot odds to call. I played it aggressively on the flop because I figured that anyone with a queen would call (i.e., slow play). I was a little surprised by the raise, but I still figured that I had the best hand. The check-raise on the turn was my attempt to get in an extra bet. I didn’t figure that he would fold and I was worried about him pairing his kicker. I think I played this hand well.

Hand 3: Button. Dealt to frazwood [ 2s 7s ]. Fold.
Hand 4: Cutoff. Dealt to frazwood [ 7h 9h ]. Fold .
Hand 5: Mid position. Dealt to frazwood [ Jh 4h ]. Fold.
Hand 6: Mid position. Dealt to frazwood [ 7d 8d ]. Fold.
Hand 7: Mid Position. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s 6d ]. Fold.
Hand 8: EP. Dealt to frazwood [ 5s Ah ]. Fold.
Hand 9. EP. Dealt to frazwood [ 5h 3s ] Fold.

Hand 10. Big blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 5h 3h ]. Check. [ 2c, Td, Jd ] Check. [ 3c ]. Check. [ Ks ]. Check.frazwood wins $5 from the main pot with a pair of threes.

Well played. There’s no reason to invest anything with this crap, even if I did pair the turn. I got lucky and won a pot here.

Hand 11. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 4h 7c ]. Fold.
Hand 12. Button. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 4c ]. Fold.
Hand 13. Dealt to frazwood [ Js 9s ]. Fold.
Hand 14. Dealt to frazwood [ 5s 3c ]. Fold.
Hand 15. Dealt to frazwood [ 3h Kh ]. Fold.
Hand 16. Dealt to frazwood [ Qh 8s ]. Fold.
Hand 17. Dealt to frazwood [ Jc 5s ]. Fold.
Hand 18. Dealt to frazwood [ 2d Qh ]. Fold.
Hand 19. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ Jh Qd ] Check. [4d, 6d, Td ]. Fold.
Hand 20. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 9d 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 21. Dealt to frazwood [ 3c Jd ]. Fold.
Hand 22. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s 9d ]. Fold.

Hand 23. Dealt to frazwood [ 7h 7d ]. Raise-Call [ 5h, 8d, 6c ] Check-Raise. [ Td ] Bet-Call. [ Jc ] Check-Call. tonafun shows [ Ad, Ah ] a pair of aces.

After playing the first 22 hands well, I mucked this one up pretty well, losing 5.5 big bets. I question whether I should have raised preflop, but that play is not awful. I like the check-raise on the flop; if he has AK, then I might get a fold here or on the turn. I normally don't like the call on the turn, but I had the pot odds for my straight draw (plus one of the other sevens). I hate the call on the river. There is no way that 77 is the better hand here. I wasted 1 big bets here.

Hand 24. Dealt to frazwood [ 2s 3s ]. Fold.
Hand 25. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s 7c ]. Fold.
Hand 26. Dealt to frazwood [ 4h 6c ]. Fold.
Hand 27. Dealt to frazwood [ 9c Jd ]. Fold.
Hand 28. Dealt to frazwood [ Kh 7h ]. Fold.
Hand 29. Dealt to frazwood [ 2c 4h ]. Fold to raise.
Hand 30. Dealt to frazwood [ 2s 9c ]. Fold.
Hand 31. Dealt to frazwood [ 9h 4d ]. Fold.
Hand 32. Dealt to frazwood [ 8h 7s ]. Fold.
Hand 33. Dealt to frazwood [ 5c 2c ]. Fold.
Hand 34. Dealt to frazwood [ 3c 7c ]. Fold.
Hand 35. Dealt to frazwood [ 4c 7c ]. Fold.

Hand 36. Big bling. Dealt to frazwood [ Ks 8c ]. Check. [ 4s, Ah, 2d ]. Bet. [ Th ]. Check. [ Kd ] Call. frazwood wins $16 from the main pot with a pair of kings.

I got lucky here, catching a river king. I played the hand well, however. I don’t mind betting the flop with king-high and he gave me the river for free. This was another lucky hand.

Hand 37. Dealt to frazwood [ 6h 2s ]. Fold.
Hand 38. Dealt to frazwood [ Jh 9c ]. Fold.
Hand 39. Dealt to frazwood [ Jd 7d ]. Fold.
Hand 40. Dealt to frazwood [ 7c 8c ]. Fold.
Hand 41. Dealt to frazwood [ 3d Qd ]. Fold.
Hand 42. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 7s ]. Fold.
Hand 43. Dealt to frazwood [ 5s 4s ]. Fold.
Hand 44. Dealt to frazwood [ 7s 3d ]. Fold.
Hand 45. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 7h 9d ]. Check. [ Qc, Ks, Jc ] Fold.
Hand 46. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 7s Tc ]. Fold.
Hand 47. Dealt to frazwood [ 5d 8s ]. Fold.
Hand 48. Dealt to frazwood [ 7c Qc ]. Fold.
Hand 49. Dealt to frazwood [ 7c 4d ]. Fold.
Hand 50. Dealt to frazwood [ Kc 5s ]. Fold.
Hand 51. Dealt to frazwood [ 9h 6c ]. Fold.
Hand 52. Dealt to frazwood [ 3s Ks ]. Fold.
Hand 53. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ Ad 4s ]. Check. [ Kc, 3h, Js ] Fold.
Hand 54. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 5d 8d ]. Fold.
Hand 55. Dealt to frazwood [ Ks 2s ]. Fold.
Hand 56. Dealt to frazwood [ 5h 4h ]. Fold.
Hand 57. Dealt to frazwood [ As Ks ]. Raise. [ 7d, 8d, 5c ] Raise. [ 5d ]. Fold.

This is one of those hands that I don’t know how to deal with. I have a premium hand that missed the flop. The limper from early position bets out, suggesting either an over-pair or a flush draw. I raise because that is what Phil Hellmuth taught me. The bet on the river from EP suggests that he either has a full-house or a flush or something. Clearly, ace high is not the best hand here.

Hand 58. Dealt to frazwood [ Kc 6d ]. Fold.
Hand 59. Dealt to frazwood [ 6s 9c ]. Fold.
Hand 60. Dealt to frazwood [ Qc 3d ]. Fold.
Hand 61. Dealt to frazwood [ Kh 3d ]. Fold.
Hand 62. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s Ad ]. Fold.

Hand 63. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ Ad 8s ]. Check. [ 5h, Th, 7h ]. Check. [ Jc ]. Check. [ 6s ]. Check. casualcards shows [ 9d, Ac ] high card ace. (lost minimum)

Hand 64. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 9s Ad ]. Fold to raise.
Hand 65. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s 5s ]. Fold.
Hand 66. Dealt to frazwood [ Kd 8c ]. Fold.
Hand 67. Dealt to frazwood [ 2d 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 68. Dealt to frazwood [ 8h Ac ]. Fold.
Hand 69. Dealt to frazwood [ Qs 4c ]. Fold.
Hand 70. Dealt to frazwood [ 7s 3s ]. Fold.
Hand 71. Dealt to frazwood [ Ac 5d ]. Fold.
Hand 72. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 8c 2s ]. Fold to raise.
Hand 73. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 4s Ah ]. Fold to raise.
Hand 74. Dealt to frazwood [ Jd 4s ]. Fold.
Hand 75. Dealt to frazwood [ 2h Ad ]. Fold.
Hand 76. Dealt to frazwood [ Ad 7d ]. Raise (two callers). [ Ah, 3s, Td ]. Bet (two callers). [ 4h ]. Bet (two callers) [ 9d ]. frazwood wins main pot with a pair of aces.

With two callers here, I figured that I was beat on the river so there is no point in making another bet. It turns out that both of them had KQo, so they probably wouldn’t have called here anyway. I like the way I played this hand. It fits my overall game plan.

Hand 77. Dealt to frazwood [ 9c 7h ]. Fold.
Hand 78. Dealt to frazwood [ 3h Td]. Fold.
Hand 79. UTG. Dealt to frazwood [ Qs Ah ] Raise (BB calls). [ 3s, 2c, 6h ]. Raise. [ 6c ] Check. [ 5d ] Call. snowwakex wins $24 from the main pot

Here again, I am not sure why I raised this flop other than Phil Hellmuth told me to do so. It did get me a free card, so it’s not that bad. This call on the river was just bad. Clearly, ace-high is not the best hand here. I wasted one big bet here.

Hand 80. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 6c 5h ]. Check. [ Kh, Ah, Ks ]. Fold.
Hand 81. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ Qh 6d ]. Fold.
Hand 82. Dealt to frazwood [ Jd 7d ]. Fold.
Hand 83. Dealt to frazwood [ Tc Td ]. Raise (three callers). [ 8d, Qc, 6c ] Call. [ 6h ] Fold. [ Th ]

If I were a complete call station, then I would have called to the river and I would have won this hand when I caught a set on the river. That aside, I should have folded on the flop. Clearly, at least one person here has top pair and I am chasing two outs.

Hand 84. Dealt to frazwood [ Qs 8h ]. Fold.
Hand 85. Dealt to frazwood [ 2c 2s ]. Fold (maybe I limp here, but 22 is my bad luck hand… FYI: a two came on the river).
Hand 86. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 87. Dealt to frazwood [ 5d 3d ]. Fold.
Hand 88. Dealt to frazwood [ Jc 3c ]. Fold.
Hand 89. Dealt to frazwood [ 3s 9c ]. Fold.
Hand 90. Dealt to frazwood [ 7c 3d ]. Fold.
Hand 91. Dealt to frazwood [ 2h 8c ]. Fold.
Hand 92. Dealt to frazwood [ 8h Jh ]. Fold.
Hand 93. Dealt to frazwood [ 6c 7d ]. Fold.

Hand 94. Dealt to frazwood [ Ad Td ]. Raise (one caller). [ 7d, 6s, 4s ]. Bet (one caller). [ 8s ] Fold.

I played this hand fine. I want to play AX(suited) when I am the first one in the pot preflop. I like the bet on the flop because I believe that there is good fold equity here when I have position. I assume that the caller caught his flush on the turn.

Hand 95. Dealt to frazwood [ 7d Ah ]. Fold.
Hand 96. Dealt to frazwood [ 9c 4d ]. Fold.

Hand 97. Dealt to frazwood [ 6d Ad ]. Fold. Maybe I should have raised here, but I was in early position. I would have won the hand the way the cards played out.

Hand 98. Dealt to frazwood [ 5s 6s ]. Fold.
Hand 99. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ Kd 4c ]. Folded to me. I win!
Hand 100. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 8d 5c ]. Fold.
Hand 101. Dealt to frazwood [ Js Jc ]. Raise (three callers) [ 3d, Ah, 7d ]. Raise-call. [ 4c ]. Fold. [ Qc ]

I correctly raised with JJ from the button. I don’t know if my raise was correct on the flop. The call after the check-raise was incorrect, although I thought that I had correct pot odds to catch another J on the turn. Oops. Realizing how many donkeys play “any ace”, I should have folded on the flop. I wasted 1.5 big bets here.

Hand 102. Dealt to frazwood [ Td 8c ]. Fold.
Hand 103. Dealt to frazwood [ 4h Kd ]. Fold.
Hand 104. Dealt to frazwood [ 7h Td ]. Fold.
Hand 105. Dealt to frazwood [ 9s Kc ]. Fold.
Hand 106. Dealt to frazwood [ Ah 2d ]. Fold.
Hand 107. Dealt to frazwood [ 7h 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 108. Big Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 6d Ac ] Check. [ Th, Ts, 6c ] Bet (two callers) [ 6h ] Bet (one caller) [ 7h ] Bet. Split pot.

I don’t know if I played this hand well or not. I certainly could have walked into a trap if I had been against someone with a ten. I certainly did not miss a bet here.

Hand 109. Small Blind. Dealt to frazwood [ 9c 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 110. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 6h ]. Fold.
Hand 111. Dealt to frazwood [ Jd 2h ]. Fold.
Hand 112. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 7c ]. Fold.
Hand 113. Dealt to frazwood [ Ac Qh ]. Raise (two callers). [ Kc, 4s, 2h ] Bet-fold.

I bet this flop after the EP player check (he eventually check-raised). Here again, this is a Hellmuth move. I think that I should re-think this practice of betting crap flops out-of-position. But hell, I like to be aggressive and I think that it is a generally good philosophy. I’ll claim not to have wasted any bets here.

Hand 114. Dealt to frazwood [ 9s Jh ]. Fold.
Hand 115. Dealt to frazwood [ Ah Qh ]. Raise (two callers). [ 3h, Jc, 6h ] Bet (one caller who was all-in). [ 2c ] [ 3c ]. texansx5 wins with a flush, ace high.

Here, my flop bet would have worked except for the donkey all-in guy caught runner-runner clubs to catch his flush.

Hand 116. Dealt to frazwood [ Th 8s ]. Fold.
Hand 117. Dealt to frazwood [ 3s 8d ]. Fold.

End of Session.

I lost $42.69 or approximately 10.5 big bets. After reviewing this session in its entirety, I definitely realize just how card-dead that I was. I think I made good preflop decisions that fit my game-plan (perhaps except Hand 22). My post-flop play was pretty-good; my biggest problem was that I was card dead and I did not catch many flops (except for Hand 2!). According to my math, I wasted 3.5 big bets in the session. That might not sound like much, but it was about one-third of my loss and equivalent to a “Good” win rate of 3 big bets per 100 hands. I think I feel better after analyzing the session as a whole and perhaps I need to just be patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home