Monday, August 22, 2005

What a crappy day of poker

I lost alot of money today at Party and at Full Tilt. I played really really badly. I kept showing up at the table, playing like a loose-aggressive donkey. I'd piss away 10-20 big bets and then spend the rest of the session grinding away to try and recover my losses. How stupid is this?

I need to show up and play TIGHT and then figure out where to take advantage. I also need to stop playing above my bankroll. I have been playing alot of $3/$6 6-max at Party; I clearly do not have the bankroll for that. Luckily, I am winning there. The play is honestly awful and I would make alot more if I didn't make so many mistakes.

One thing that I definitely need to learn is that the donkeys at these 6-max tables are going to defend their blinds with any two cards. For example, everyone folds to me and I raise from the button with 99; the big blind calls. The flop comes down 6 5 5. He bets; I raise; he 3-bets; and I call. I figure he has a six when he checks it to me. I bet; he calls. The river is an overcard, so it goes check-check. He flips over J5o!!! WTF? How can you call a raise from the big blind with that hand? Simply amazing!

Tomorrow night is birthing class, where I get to learn about Caesarian births. Key point: our teacher does not use the term "C-section", which is slang. She is always very precise and calls it "Caesarian birth". Who cares, especially when she keep the room set at meat locker temperature!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home