Thursday, August 18, 2005

Just a general update

My updates lately have been really boring, even to me. I am focused on building my bankroll right now, even though I have no end goal other than to prove to myself that I can play good quality book and win over the long-term. As a result, I have had some very nice winning sessions that I felt frustrated at the end. Confused? Well, I'd win $80 at Party and $11 at Full Tilt. But then I'd lose $15 at Poker Stars and $9 at UltimateBet. So, I'd have a nice net win for the session but lose at sites where I couldn't afford the loss very easily because my bankrolls at PS and UB is so small. Speaking of which, I am in the middle of a fantastic session at UltimateBet where I have almost doubled my $25 buy-in. I also received a gift $25 bonus at the site. I might actually have a decent bankroll there in the near future.

Anyway, enough with the poker... what else is going on with my life? The baby is due in 6 weeks and I feel like we're about ready. I am nervous, excited, and terrified all at once. I am mostly looking forward to Kelly being healthy again. It is painful to watch her walk slowly -- if you've ever seen her, she is a fast-walker.

Work is going really well. My dossier for promotion and tenure is put together and I feel like I deserve to get tenure. After that, my job should be one of the least stressful and most secure jobs available.

Fishing this summer has been a real disappointment. I made two trips to Canada, which resulted in my first-ever lake trout and my first ever trophy northern pike (20+ lbs). Those trips were fantastic, but I have done very little fishing outside of those trips. I have fished on the Mississippi River only once this entire summer, which is really disappointing. I'm going to try and go this weekend, either with Todd or by myself.

So, in summary, my life is good and I am happy. By the way, I just lost two big pots. I lost AA vs 37s (yep!) and JJ vs KK. Oh well, that's poker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home