Monday, August 15, 2005

An general update

My last couple of blogs have been rather pathetic. Hopefully, this one will be a little more informative.

This weekend was interesting because there was not a long list of tasks to accomplish in order to get ready for the baby (Kelly is at 33 weeks). That allowed us to essentially do what we wanted to do. For me, that was alot of poker (more later). I also went fishing yesterday on the Mississippi River yesterday for the first time this year. I did rather well, despite the bad time... I caught probably 10 smallmouth bass, half of which were in the 2-lb range. I also caught a nice catfish.

I also got a few things cleaned up around the house and I tried to copy virtually every CD I own on to the harddrive of the new computer (well, just the songs that I like). We have alot of CDs, so it's taking a long long time. I am about 80% finished. One big problem is that we noticed about 10-15 CDs are missing. We have a portable case, and I am sure that they are in there. So technically, it is the case that is missing. I noticed this last night while playing a little poker and watching Comedy Central's roast of Pam Anderson. That was amazingly funny, plus Pam wore a shirt that was essentially see thru (no bra!).

My newest poker strategy is to try and build my bankrolls via limit poker. My goal is to be tight, aggressive, and mostly importantly, patient. It has been working really well so far. I have been making slow progress at all four sites that I play. Last night's session at Party Poker was simply amazing. I don't know why I've been struggling there, but it was nice to finally catch some cards. I think that is the key to winning at Party. When you are not catching cards, you simply need to tread water and try and break even. Once you catch the cards, the play is so loose that you'll get paid off. That is where you make the profits. So, I won nothing for maybe 1000 hands this weekend, and then won $170 in 120 hands.

I am also struggling a bit at Poker Stars. I have been playing $1/$2, but I think that I am going to try $0.50/$1.00 again. I need to learn to beat that table and I don't have the bankroll for $1/$2.

I had a bad session at Full Tilt yesterday afternoon (losing $25), but then I recovered about half of that last night. My plan is to play until I clear all of the bonus and then cash out the bonus mone $260. Hopefully, that'll leave me a nice bankroll for playing.

I played $0.50/$1.00 last night at UltimateBet, essentially breaking even. I don't have the bankroll for those stakes, but I am confident that I can beat the game... or at least, drop down stakes when I start to lose. Last nights, I caught a couple of bad beats early and made a few bad plays. After that, though, I settled down and grinded away. I eventually got a little impatient and raised from early position with 88. I got 3 callers and then caught flop that was something like J 8 7. Luckily, I got tons of action on the flop. Well, "luckily" isn't exactly correct, considering that someone probably had a straight. But I filled up on the turn, and I took down a big pot. That got me back to even for the night, so I folded the next hand or two and then quit. I mostly watching the roast and copying CDs by then anyway, so quitting was a good idea no matter what.

That's it. This week I hope to start exercising again. I apparently felt really tired for most of June and July, but I feel really good now. I plan to get about 30 minutes of stationary bike time in today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home