Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back to "normal"

After chasing the Party Poker bonus much of the weekend, I feel kind of weird just playing poker. I played a little bit at Party today, making about $15 at the $50 NL tables. My focus is a little off but that's fine since I played conservatively. I have been playing at Full Tilt also, mostly just spinning my wheels. My stack right now is over $80, which means that I am profitable at the site even beyond my bonus! Hopefully, I start grinding my way up to the point where I can cash out $260 and continue my policy of cashing out all bonuses.

I played a $10+1 NL holdem sit-n-go today at Poker Stars. I won it even though I was dealt virtually no cards the entire tournament. I was slowly blinding my way stack away (I had $1100 left) when I was dealt 67o in the big blind. A couple of people limped and the flop gave me top pair and an inside straight draw. I made a pot sized bet and got one caller. The turn gave me a straight and I pushed all-in and doubled up. After that, I made a bunch of preflop raises from late position and I don't think I got called once! I used this approach to become the big stack at the table. When it was three handed, two of us had big stacks and butted heads with 44 (me) vs. AQ. I flopped a set and he didn't improve and I had a 9:1 chip lead. My opponent was very passive until he pushed all in with T9o vs my JTs.

After that, my stack at Poker Stars is about $235. This is yet another reminder that I should play more sit-n-goes, especially at Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home