Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Poker Stars Bonus

Last night, I started 4-tabling $1/$2 limit holdem at Poker Stars, hoping to get to 600 FPPs so that I could get a $120 bonus. I managed to hit the bonus, which was good. The bad news is that I lost $80 in the process. I struggled with numerous bad beats early on, which put me on tilt. After settling down, I got back near even for the night... but then I slowly gave my money away the rest of the way. The big problem here was 4-tabling... I made too many mistakes by doing that. I would raise with weak hands from early position, miss a 3-bet here, etc. The worst play of the night occurred when I flopped top pair in early position. I checked as did the short-stack to my left. When the button bet, I raised and the short-stack re-raised. The button then folded. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the short-stack had less than a big bet remaining and I folded! I need to remember to never 4-table again. I'm sure that promise will last as long as it takes for Party Poker to announce their monthly reload bonus.

The really good news is that I signed up for cable internet last night. That should allow me to play more sites and more often. Well, back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home