Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wedding Crashers

Kelly and I went to see the Wedding Crashers last night. It was quite good. It was lude and funny and well-written. I highly recommend it to anyone who is not easily offended.

My poker game is in sad sad shape. I lost $40 yesterday at Party Poker, mostly playing $50 NL. I am thinking about playing 6-max $1/$2 limit again... my limit game seems to be in good shape. I played a little today (after going all-in and losing... again) and I won $20 in a few orbits. I had one "classic" Party Poker hand where I raised from UTG+1 with KK and I got four callers. The flop came down K 7 5 with two hearts. Because virtually everyone at Party plays any two sooted cards, I figured that I was against at least one flush draw so I played it aggressively, getting only one caller. The turn was another 5, filling me up. Curiously, I got check-raised here. I took my time and eventually called. I figured that a re-raise here might cost me a bet on the river. The river was a perfect three. Why did I say "perfect"? Because the donkey in the hand 4-bet the river and then proudly turned over 35o. Yep, he called a raise preflop with 35o. Then, he called a bet on the flop with bottom pair. He then caught runner runner still got beat. Gotta love Party Poker!

The sad sad news from yesterday is that I got absolutely killed at Full Tilt Poker. My stack there is now around $90. That pretty means that I'm playing $0.5/1.00 limit, either hold'em or 7stud. It's time to grind, for sure.

The good news is that I played really well yesterday at Poker Stars, playing $1/$2 7Stud. I was playing the game mostly to pick up some FPP's (hoping to clear the bonus), but I played really well and won a pick pot when I caught trip 7's. My stack there is now $215, which is the highest its been in a long time. I think I'll keep playing 7stud. My game is good and about 25% of the hands qualify for an FPP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home