Tuesday, July 12, 2005

This just in...

I arrived at work not ready to work. So, I thought I'd play a little $100 NL (buying in for $50). My first hand, I am dealt KK in the big blind. One person limps until the button, who raises to 5x the big blind. I raise him 4x his raise ($20) and he calls. The flop comes down Q-high and I go all-in (my stack is less than the size of the pot); he calls. He flips over AQo. The turn and river bring him no help and I double up in the first hand. After another 10 hands or so, I am dealt KK again under-the-gun. I raise it to 4x the big blind and I get two callers. The flop is a scary one J 9 8 (rainbow), so I overbet the pot. I get one caller. The turn is a 2. I figure that I have the best hand here. I can't believe someone would call a raise with QT here (I was wrong, obviously). He says something like "Oh well, I have alot of outs" and he calls. The river is another 2; he flips over JTo. So, I had a quick session of 17 hands in which I won almost $150. Simply amazing! My stack at Party Poker is more than $900. I just hope I don't piss it away. Needless to say, I am no longer in the mood to play poker... so I guess I'll get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home