Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A good day

After wondering whether I'd ever win again, I actually had a really good poker day today. I won about $30 at Party Poker playing no limit. I won most of that in a single hand where I had AK and a king flopped. My opponent check-raised me with K2 and then called me when I pushed all-in. Weird. Anyway, I'll take the cash, so I am not complaining.

I played a bunch of 7stud at Poker Stars today and I won about $20. I then lost about $15 of that playing no limit hold'em. Oops. It's crap like that... that makes me think that I'll never win again. I just can't seem to string several good sessions together. Anyway, I played a $10 sit-n-go tonight and I won it. When it got down to heads up, it was about even. I quickly got a 10:1 chip lead when I flopped top pair and my opponent called an all-in with 8 high (wtf?). He then won three consecutive all-ins by catching a card on the river. Eventually, he had a 10:1 lead, but then I clawed back to just about even with a slight chip lead. I went all-in with A7o and he called with K2. Neither of us improved, and so I took it down. My stack at Poker Stars is now over $100. Hopefully, I can sustain it and not piss it away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home