Tuesday, June 28, 2005

More grinding at Poker Stars

Right now, Poker Stars has a "double bonus points" promotion for all of June, in which you get double FPPs between 9 and 10 pm (Minnesota time). Needing to clear 100+ FPPs to get a $110 bonus, I decided to play 3 tables of $0.50/$1.00 hold em at Stars. I also played a single table at Ultimate Bet.

I played really really well all night, although I definitely made a few minor mistakes. Mostly though, I was grinding and slowly increasing my stack size. I was up $20 at one point, which would have been a nice win considering that I started the night with only $70 in my bankroll. Unfortunately, I lost all of that by the end of the night, all on a series of unfortunate hands. I lost with AA vs. KQo; I lost with QQ vs. 22; I lost with AA vs. J2o; and I lost with AA vs. KQs. I also lost a hand in the SB with J9s against A9o when the flop came down 9-high. I definitely played that hand too aggressively, but oh well. That's poker. I finished the night approximately even (perhaps I won one big bet or so) at Poker Stars. I did net a nice win (~$15) at UltimateBet. The total summary is that I played abotu 400 hands (an estimate), winning approximately 16 big bets. So, I really can't complain despite all of the suck-outs when I held AA and QQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home