Saturday, June 04, 2005

A brief time away from no limit

Despite my renewed confidence and enthusiasm for no limit hold 'em, I have returned to playing $1/$2 limit. The reason? Party Poker initiated their monthly reload bonus early this month. Because I am going to be in Atlanta all of next week, and I may or may not have internet access in my hotel room... I have been 4-tabling $1/$2 limit. I believe that this is the fastest way to play raked hands. I have been keeping close tract of my poker stats lately, and I know that I 2/3 of all hands at this level are raked. I might play a little $0.50/$1.00 so I can figure out the fraction of raked hands there too.

Anyway, I deposited $600 to get a $150 bonus. So, that means I need to play about 1575 hands before I leave tomorrow. I'll have a little time when I return on Thursday, so maybe I don't need to play all of those hands, but I am going to try. So far, I've played a little over 1000.

The really really good news is that I have been winning while playing all of these hands... nothing better than chasing a bonus AND winning some cash while you do it. My win rate is some sort of ridiculous 7-8 big bets per 100 hands.

That's all for now, it's time to mow the grass before it rains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home