Thursday, May 19, 2005

Just thinking...

I am at work right now but I don't feel like working. So, I'm just thinking about poker.

Yesterday afternoon, I bought into a private $0.50/$1.00 limit hold em that was set up by some of the guys on www.thepokerforum.com. Play was very aggressive and much better than any table that I've ever played at... and I held my own, rather easily. Of course, I brought my "A" game to the table and most of the guys there were used to playing no limit.

I was picking spots to play hands aggressively (or not) and I was picking my spots very very well. I specifically remember getting dealt QQ on the big blind. By the time it got to me, it had been raised and called. Figuring that I was out of position and neither opponent would fold to another raise, I decided to just call and see the flop. My thought being that if the flop was bad for QQ... then I could get away from it cheaply, but if it was a good flop... I would be deceptively strong and win a big pot. Well, it was a good flop and I won a big pot.

So, I have been thinking that maybe I need to give up multi-tabling for awhile and go back to playing short-handed limit hold em and concentrate on reading my opponents. I am good enough to beat that game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home