Monday, May 16, 2005

Poker is a strange game

I have decided to play poker over my lunch hour today and I've had alot of really strange hands and it's gotten me to thinking how strange poker can be.

I had lost $100 of my $250 Poker Stars bankroll over the weekend. I played poorly at times and I was unlucky at times.

But now, I've won $50 or so basically just by getting lucky. My small pocket pairs are flopping sets. My top pair, top kicker is getting re-raised on the river by fish on stone-cold bluffs. In my current session, I am up over 30 big bets in less than 90 hands. As I write this, I played a hand with JJ vs. K6 and this fish is raising me with bottom pair! What the hell?

Anyway, it's nice to experience a correction in the positive direction, but it does make me wonder about the game of poker. At least it looks like I am going to be better than even in my chase to 500 FPP's and the $100 bonus. My plan is to cashout the bonus and keep grinding from there. By the way, I just got my bonus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home