Monday, May 16, 2005

Bad Play + Bad Luck = Bad News

For some stupid reason, I decided to play half-asleep on Friday night and I lost $40 at Poker Stars. That got me into some bad habits, and my bad play continued until I lost antoher $20-$30. I then caught a bunch of cold cards and lost some more. So, my bankroll at Poker Stars went from $255 to $150 or so. Not good. My original goal was to earn my $100 bonus while not losing any money. The good news is that I've almost won my $100 bonus (470 FPP's out of the 500 needed) and I had a good session at Poker Stars last night and I won a bit. My original goal was to win my $100 without losing any from my original bankroll... at one point, that seemed ridiculously easy, but now I am going to have to play well to meet it.

I got killed again last night at Pacific Poker. I think that I am going to need to focus myself there, just because I have to prove to myself that I can win at low limit poker at any site. I have lost half of my $100 bonus (no big deal), but it's a matter of pride for me.

I went fishing on Saturday evening in rainy weather and 25 mph winds... in a canoe... by myself. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh? Someone asked me on the way out: any luck? Well, yeah... I was lucky not to have drowned.

The REALLY good news with all of this is that the first Quetico trip of the summer is less than two weeks away! More soon on that. For now, I need a shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home