Friday, May 06, 2005

Not making much progress

I have been too busy the last day or so to write a blog but I have had plenty of time to play poker. Bad poker, in fact. I ran my bankroll on Party Poker up to $800, but then I lost $150 over the last two days. I actually had won back $50 last night, but then I decided to play some no limit and I had a small reversal. I also cashed out another $100 so that I could take advantage of a bonus promotion at Poker Stars. So, my Party Poker bankroll is at $550 or so, which is the lowest it has been in a long long time. My Poker Stars bankroll is at $663, although $500 of that is my recent deposit (i.e., it's really only $163, which is good!).

The highlight hand of last night was an all-time bad beat (given, not received) in that no limit game. I was dealt J4o in the big blind. The flop was K K 4. I fired out a smallish bet, trying to steal the pot. I get one caller. The guy is kind of fishy, so I can envision him calling with just about anything. Then next card is a 4, so I have the underfull. I bet out and he calls. Now, I'm pretty sure that he has a king. The river brings another 4. I make another smallish bet and he raises me. I am not positive that he has a king, so I make a minimum raise. He pushes all-in and I call holding quad fours. What fun!

That's all for now. I have been mostly losing but not in a very exciting way. I am confident that I can win as my limit game seems to be in top form. I merely need to grind away and stay away from no limit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home