Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A good idea works

I had a boring game plan tonight: play $2/$4 limit hold em at Party Poker until my bankroll reached $900, at which time I would cash out $100. This sounded like a great plan, except that I started off playing too loose and I was quickly stuck $50. I tightened up, though, and I eventually made my goal. The key hand of the night occurred when I flopped middle set against two opponents who both flopped top pair. The best part was one of them was a complete fish who overplayed his top pair and the other was a call station. So, I had one fish raising and another fish calling. It was a nice pot, to say the least.

After reaching my goal, I decided to play at Poker Stars. I played a $5 + $0.50 sit-and-go and I played just terrible. I also two-tabled $0.5/$1.0 and I didn't play exactly great there either. I was stuck $15 total (I quickly busted out of the the sit-and-go) when I opened a $0.50/$1.0 6-max table. That table was populated with fish and I caught cards -- a nice combination. And so, I quickly got to even for the night on Poker Stars. I am getting ever closer to the poker chip set that I don't need... it's 8000 frequent player points and I have 1175 or so! I had better get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home