Monday, May 02, 2005

Snow? In May?

That's right folks! Welcome to May! And it's SNOWING! Where is global warming when you need it?

I am playing poker at my peak skill level right now. I have been slowly winning at both Party Poker (BR = $832) and at Poker Stars (BR = $143). I have even been winning at no limit! I played mostly no limit ($25 max buy-in) last night at Party Poker. I won enough to pay for a buy-in to a 20-person $10+1 NL tourney.

The tourney: I played almost perfectly for this tournament. I was completely card dead the whole tournament but I still managed to steal a pot here and there to be about even when the blinds increased to $50/$100. Unfortunately, I did not win either of my blind hands so I had abeout $850 on the button when I was dealt KQo (my best hand of the tourney, by far). There was one limper in front of me, so I made a 4x big blind bet... only the limper called. Unfortunately, I was almost pot-committed by this bet (which I knew), so if I caught anything I would have to go all-in. The flop was A Q 6, which was not great, but I felt that going all-in was still the correct play after the limper checked to me. So, needless to say I bet and he called; he turned over 55 and I was quite happy until another 5 came on the turn and I was busted. I really felt good about this tournament despite the bad showing. There was not a single hand that I would have played differently. Furthermore, I would have been in very good shape to go far into the tournament if I had doubled up on the hand that busted me out.

Well, lunch break is over... back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home