Saturday, April 23, 2005

Party Poker Reload Bonus

I played $0.5/1.0 limit hold 'em tonight at Party Poker. I deposited $400 into my account to get an $80 bonus. I had to played 560 raked hands to clear that bonus, so 4 tables of $0.5/1.0 seemed like a good idea. The session was simply amazing. First, I was up $50 over my first 200 hands (i.e., 50 big bets/100 hands... absolutely ridiculous). Second, I lost about all of the that, ending the night with about a net of $5. I'm not complaining since I actually won $85 with the bonus. I just cashed out $500.

The main point of the session is that I re-learned tight-aggressive. I folded many hands that I would play previously, but I was 3-betting and 4-betting sooooooo much more. I think I have been too loose and too passive. Hopefully, I can play this fearless when I move up limits tomorrow. Right now, I think I will play some 6-max $1/$2.

The bad news of the day is that I managed to lose about $50 from my Poker Stars account. I played some $1/$2 limit hold 'em and I certainly did not have the bankroll for that. I played poorly and I got nailed by some serious suck-outs. That happens though, and that's why bankroll management is so important.

Well, I'm tired and the Legend of Bagger Vance is on television. Ergo, it must me late at night. Good night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home