Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm feeling better

I really have much to say except that I am feeling better -- I no longer feel like I am drowning. My poker is not doing much better, but it certainly isn't worse. The highlight of my weekend was going canoeing on Sunday with Kelly (wife). The weather was nice (finally). Winters in Minnesota are very difficult; depression is pretty common. To be honest, the weather probably has alot to do with how awful I've felt lately.

I wrote an entire blog yesterday that got lost... sorry about that. Basically, I played like crap on Saturday and my Party Poker stack was down to $650. I played better on Sunday and got it back up to $750. I played virtually perfect poker last night ($50 NL, single table) and I won like $11. I had a really juicy table but no cards. I was taking down virtually every small pot imaginable.

Hand of the night: One guy tried to steal my big blind from the small blind. My "read" was that he was on a steal, so I re-raised him (I had 23o). He checked the flop and I went all-in. I showed my hand when he folded. I showed another bluff after that and then played really tight.

My stack at Poker Stars was less than $50 yesterday, so I dropped down to $0.25/$0.50 limit. I need to learn how to grind again, so this will be a good place to do it. As of right now, my Poker Stars bankroll is $57.08, so I'm getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home