Sunday, April 10, 2005

Fishing, Tiger Woods, the pain of AQ, and Tilt

The highlight of the weekend so far was catching a 6-inch bluegill on Saturday morning. Ok, that probably doesn't impress you very much, but ice-out was earlier this week and I have never caught a fish in such cold water (except when ice fishing). Of course, I essentially was using my ice fishing technique, but it was fun. I am sure that I would have caught more fish, but the wind was 20+ mph and I had trouble controlling a canoe in the wind (obviously).

As a fan of golf, I tried to watch as much of the Master's yesterday as I possibly could. I visited there in 2001 for a practice round; I highly recommend doing this if you can. The course is simply magnificient and it's worth 3 hours of your life to walk the grounds. Tiger's performance yesterday was awesome and he apparently matched it this morning (third round = 65). Wow. I would be completely shocked if he doesn't win today. I feel bad for Chris Dimarco, but hey... he won't be the first or last person to have the Master's taken away from him by Tiger Woods.

I played quite a bit of poker yesterday and I am leaking money everywhere (at least at Party Poker). I totally need to regain my discipline or I am going to go bust. I don't have the bankroll to play $2/$4 limit anymore, although that may not stop me. I played some this morning and I won $50 by playing solid poker. My biggest problem isn't bankroll management; it's my play. I need to tighten up and perhaps not play so aggressively. I bought in for a multiple table tournament and I busted out with AQ against AK when an ace flopped. I have read how dangerous AQ can be, but I have rarely experienced it. This one hurt. I was totally outplayed on that hand.

To summarize, I have been steadily losing at Party Poker since mid-March. I need to turn this around. Hopefully, I've hit rock bottom and I'll start to play better now. By the way, I also played a little at Poker Stars yesterday... my stack there is up to $164. Once (if?) I hit $200, I'll cash out my $100 buy-in and build from there. Happy Sunday to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home