Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What I read on the internet

I kind of got this idea to start a blog on the internet from several poker related web sites. Two blogs that I like to read are Paul Phillips', Dutch Boyd's, and Daniel Negraneu's.

For those of you who don't know, Paul Phillips is a "dot com" guy who made a ton of money at a young age and essentially retired. He is brilliant with a sharp sense of humor. I also like the fact that he has ethical standards. Oh yeah, it seems that Paul decided to take up high stakes poker in his retirement. The guy is so smart that he quickly became world-class (not that he needs the cash). Anyway, alot of "poker people" hate Paul's blog because it contains little about poker and he is often very critical of products and people. (Paul's blog: extempore.livejournal.com).

In reality, I stumbled upon Dutch Boyd's blog from a reference that Paul Phillips made. For those of you who don't know, Dutch is a quasi-famous poker player because he did really well in the 2003 World Series of Poker which was shown ad naseum on ESPN. Dutch is certainly charismatic on TV, and he was some sort of boy genius (graduated college at 16... that kind of stuff). Apparently, Paul thinks Dutch is ethically-challenged (Paul is rather justified in this). Anyway, I've been reading Dutch's blog and he is clearly a sick sick boy (no sarcasm here). Read his blog if you want more details (www.dutchboyd.com).

Finally, I like reading Daniel Negraneu's poker blog.... or at least I used to. It seems that Daniel no longer posts it on his website (www.fullcontactpoker.com) but rather at cardplayer.com. This seems strange to me, but what can I do? Daniel is also a poker celebrity, in that he was Cardplayer's player of the year in 2004. If that means little to you, he won more than $4 million playing tournaments last year. It kind of makes my $3 of profit on Poker Stars seem insignificant.

Oh by the way, just in case you are Barry Shulman... I'd love to write for your magazine someday. It would be great. Poker articles by some moron with no clue as to how to play poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home