Thursday, April 21, 2005

Four of a kind! Three Times!

Yesterday was a rather boring poker day. I did a great job of grinding at Poker Stars ($0.25/$0.50 limit) and I increased my stack by $15 or so (> $90!). Ok Ok... not big money, but I am learning to grind again and that's the whole point. The game at this level is very very soft, so it is not like my ego is becoming overinflated or anything. However, it is teaching me (again) that grinding is good and my confidence is increasing.

I two-tabled last night at Party Poker for about 90 minutes ($1/$2 limit)... and I won $10 or so. That was a really weird night. About the fourth hand, I was dealt KQs and I raised it up and got two callers. The flop was rags so I pushed, hoping to bluff my way to a small pot. One caller. The turn was a rag, so I bet again (call). The river was a queen, so I bet and took the pot down. The guy had a pair of three's and started screaming at me how he was going to bust me etc. I'm like "ok ok whatever" (i.e., in the chat box, not just to myself). A couple of hands later, he raises from EP and I re-raise (KK) and he calls. The flop is rags; he bets; I raise; he calls. The turn is a 7; he bets; I raise; he re-raises; I call. The river is another blank. He bets; I call; he shows 77 and takes it down. He continues to scream about how I am going to go bust for another 10 minutes. Eventually he tells me to stop crying and just play. I found all of this quite comical. Anyway, I basically was about even the entire night on both tables until...

After I had decided to quit for the night, I picked up AQo in mid-position and I raise it up. The small blind re-raised me (uh-oh) and I called. The flop came Q-high; he bet; I raised; he re-raised; I called. I have him on KK or AA -- clearly the Q-high flop was of no concern to him. The turn was a queen, so I raise him and he calls. The river was also a queen, filling him up and giving me quads! That was a decent sized pot and gave me a net win of about $10 for the night.

The only other interesting thing was that I caught quads at Poker Stars yesterday twice! I had quad 8's and quad 10's. Both times I had multiple callers on the river (like I said, the game is soft).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home