Sunday, May 01, 2005

Up and down but generally up

I've been playing alot of cards at Party Poker this weekend (none so far at Poker Stars). I have been playing some really great limit poker, which has compensated for my bad no limit play. I think I need to give up on no limit for awhile and re-think my strategy. I skimmed through Harrington's book on no limit hold 'em last night and I definitely could use some of his advice to tone down my play. Unfortunately, my no limit play was perfect for the old Party Poker structure against weak-passive players (i.e., Party Poker players). But their new structure punishes my play because of the bigger ratio of buy-in to blinds. It's that whole risk-reward deal.

This morning I believe that I set a new personal record for cold cards (i.e., except Circus Circus, but I have no stats there). I played almost perfectly, though, so I lost the minimum despite not winning a single hand out of the first 64 played. Unfortunately, the cards got a little better, which means that I would call/raise preflop only to lose to an inferior hand. At one point, I was stuck more than $70, but I kept grinding and I re-built my stack to almost $890 before a suck-out on the last hand. Oh well, I won $10 for the session, which I'll take. The good news is that I am playing limit poker really really well, which certainly was not the case a week ago.

By the way, bankroll update. Party Poker = $877.22; Poker Stars = $136.08.

I am thinking about opening another account at another site so I can do a little bonus whoring. So far, I am thinking Pacific Poker, Ultimate Bet, and Poker Mountain. Pacific Poker has a good bonus (but the worst set-up overall), Ultimate Bet has a great site (a less good bonus), and Poker Mountain has the least traffic but a good bonus and it's really fast, so I think it'll play best via modem. I don't know what I am going to do, but I do know that I need to raise a little more capital first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home