Sunday, May 08, 2005

Grinding at Party Poker

I have decided that my poor results at Party Poker are completely the result of impatience and my inability to grind. In contrast, my bankroll at Poker Stars has been steadily climbing (but slowly) because I have been grinding well. So, today's task is to grind at $0.50/$1.00 limit hold em at Party Poker. I played 155 hands with a positive net of $31.25. That's an amazing win rate of 20.2 big bets per 100 hands. The sad thing is that in the past, I would not consider this a big win. But in reality, it's huge and I need to remember that. I think that I am going to try and keep better track of my stats and hopefully it'll help me play better. I think my problem is that a $30 win with a bankroll of $500-$1000 seems pretty insignificant, even if it is not. Anyways, it's all about grinding. I've talked about grinding ad naseum in the blog before, but it's really time that I do a better job of it.

In other news, I deposited $400 into Pacific Poker today to take advantage of the 25% bonus on first time deposits. Rumor has it that I can withdraw all of my money and simply play with the bonus until I run out of cash or satisfy their bonus-clearing stipulation. I am not sure how many hands that I have to play... actually, I have to wager so much money, but I am not sure how much or how long I have. I played maybe 40 hands of $0.50/$1.00 limit hold em and I won $0.25. I basically played only 2 of the hands, losing with 99 (raised preflop) to a call station with J2s who caught his flush on the river. He played the hand correctly post-flop, but I can't believe people would cold-call a raise with that crap. The other hand that I played was when I was dealt AQo in early position (UTG+1). I raised it up, got 4-5 callers. The flop was K J X, with two hearts. I bet it anyway (I was a little on tilt) and got raised. I called it anyway. The turn put another heart on the board and everyone checked it. The river was a 10, giving me a straight. I bet out (figuring that no one had a flush) and I called the button's raise. He flipped over two-pair and I took down a good-sized pot.

The play at Pacific is absolutely horrible, worse that Party Poker by far. There were numerous hands that saw 9 people to the flop -- I was the lone pre-flop fold. I should be able to kill these tables. Of course, I can only play one table at a time and I've heard that the software sucks. We'll see. As always, my goal is to simply break even so that I can win the bonus cash.

That's all for now... I'm off to home depot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home