Saturday, May 07, 2005

The hills are alive with the sound of music

Kelly and I went fishing tonight at a little lake near our home. We caught a bunch of tiny fish on meal worms and I even caught my fish first ever on my new fly rod. Unfortunately, the fly rod-fish was so small that the hook-set sent him flying towards me. Hopefully, I can actually fight a fish on my fly rod next time.

Poker today was quite interesting. I played a little at Party Poker and I won like $10. I am not complaining. In fact, I need to learn to win a little at a time. I am doing a really good job of grinding at Poker Stars and I need to do the same thing at Party Poker. I withdrew the extra $500 from Poker Stars just now, but I've been winning there and my bankroll is now $192.98. Furthermore, I have accumulated 93 FPPs toward the 500 that I need to qualify for a $100 bonus. My real goal is to increase my bankroll while chasing this bonus... and so far, so good.

Tomorrow, Kelly and I will run in the Race for the Cure at the Mall of America. Well, I am going to run and she is going to walk. Normally, she'd run, but she's 5 months pregnant. I am not in as fit as I would like, so I hope to run the 5K in 27 minutes. I ran it last year in 24 minutes, which is not bad for a guy with degenerative arthritis in his right hip.

Well, I am going to play a little at Party Poker now. Probably $1/$2 or $0.5/$1.0 limit hold 'em. I need to grind grind grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home