Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bad connection and bad play

I have played relatively little the last two days because my dial-up connection from home has been bad. I always seem to disconnect whenever I have a decent hand too. I am sure that this is merely karma balancing itself out for me.

My play has been generally good, although the speed at which I lose money in poker is much faster than the rate at which I win money. So, I had about 10 bad hands at Poker Stars, resulting in me losing $25. I have been grinding away since then, and I have won back about $15 of it. I have 150 FPPs of the 500 that I need to clear my bonus. So far, I am about even while trying to satisfy this bonus.

The play, in general, at Pacific Poker is just horrible and I should be able to kill these games. I have been playing mostly 7-card stud there lately. I feel like I can dodge the bad beats better playing that game. I also went on tilt there, running my bankroll from $110 down to $60. I have somewhere near $70 right now. The nice thing about Pacific Poker is that I deposited $400 and they put $500 in my account (i.e., $100 bonus). They let me withdraw my original $400 deposit and now I am playing strictly off of my bonus. I like their structure for 7-card stud, so I'll probably continue to play a there a little bit -- even after I clear my bonus. Right now, I am only about 8% of my way there.

I haven't played very much at Party Poker since Sunday. I had a series of tough hands and I lost virtually every that I made during my hot session that I reported in my last blog. Oh well, I am mostly bonus whoring these days.

The big news is that this Saturday is the fishing opener, which is the unofficial "Official State Holiday of Minnesota". I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home