Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Quetico here I come!

Today's big news is that Dave and I are completely packed for our trip to Quetico Provincial Park this weekend. I am quite concerned that going camping in Canada over Memorial Day weekend is a bad idea, but what the hell? It's only four days. I've done this the last two years on this weekend, and we got really lucky with the weather. I doubt we'll be so lucky this year. The forecast currently predicts highs in the upper 50's, with occasional rain. Sounds like fun, huh? I absolutely love Quetico and I am excited to see the park early in the year. I also hope to catch the first Lake Trout of my life. I plan to post my trip log here.

In the wonderful world of poker, I have to express my utter happiness with UltimateBet.com. This site is simply awesome. It doesn't hurt that I've won $100 playing $0.5/$1.0 hold 'em since Saturday. I played for only 30 minutes or so tonight and I won more than $30. I know that this win rate cannot continue, but all I need to do now is to break even for the next 800 ultimate points and I'll have a decent bankroll for $0.5/$1.0 play.

I finally found a legitimate use for Pacific Poker. My no limit/pot limit game is simply awful, so I can work on it at Pacific Poker. If I lose the rest of stack, then no big deal. If I win, then I will eventually build my stack and cash out my bonus money after wagering more than $2000. So far, I have bet almost $800, so I am almost half-way there. Unfortunately, my stack is $60 or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home