Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A good night of no limit

I had a bunch of yard work to do last night, but I finished it all by 8pm so I had a couple of hours to play cards. I started the night with $975 in my Party Poker account, and I set my usually goal of winning $25. Obviously, this would push my account to $1000 for the first time in a long long time. I am quite excited about this... primarily because I can go back to my old system of winning $200 and cashing that out (i.e., back to $1000) and then starting over again. I have not cashed out any winnings (just bonuses) in a long long time either.

It took me all of three hands to win my $25. I folded my first two hands and then I was dealt AA on the button. Not bad, premium hand and position. The guy UTG made a mini-raise (to $1), UTG+1 called, and the next guy folded. So, I was looking at a multi-way hand here, including a raise. My new policy is to push hard with AA and KK, and this seemed like a perfect spot. So, I raised to $5, the small blind called, the big blind folded, UTG pushed all in, and UTG+1 folded. Wow. This is fantastic. I have at worst a 3-way pot with AA. I called and the small blind folded. I took down the pot when UTG showed KK. That was a tought spot for him, but oh well.

After that, I left Party Poker and spent the rest of the night playing 6-max $0.10/$0.25 no limit at Poker Stars. I played poorly at first. I think I was getting impatient, caused by the fact that Poker Stars plays a little bit slower than Party Poker. After I realized that, I played much much better and I was slowly grinding my way up. I won a big hand late in the night when I pushed all in preflop with QQ against two people (ATs and 99) and won. I played the hand poorly but won, so I am not going to complain too much.

Overall, it was a great night. My Party Poker bankroll is over $1000 and my Poker Stars is pushing $170.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home