Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

I married Kelly two years ago today! I tell alot of people that marriage can be very difficult, simply because two people have to find a way to fit their lives together. Inevitably, an issue will arise where one person wants the opposite of the other and it is really important to both them to get their way. This is marriage... trying to figure out how to solve these problems. Kelly and I have had our disagreements (and some of the kind described above), but I am still amazed at how EASY the last two years have been. I am sure that the next 20 years will be more difficult, now that we're procreating, but I am confident that we'll get through it together. She's simply amazing and I am so lucky to have found her.

Ok, enough sappy sappy!

My poker game is just awful! I'm getting killed at Full Tilt Poker! My stack was less than $115 at one point today, although I have increased that stack since then. The secret, I believe, is that I need to stick to limit poker there. For whatever reason, I cannot navigate their no limit tables. I think part of my problem is that the play there is very uneven. This means that I need to pay attention and figure out who is skilled and who is a donkey. I definitely think that the tables are beatable, but I need to focus and get reads on everyone to that. And I don't have that level of concentration right now. The play at the limit tables, in contrast, is poor and I think that I can grind my way back to profitability as long as I stay focused and don't go on tilt.

My play yesterday at Party Poker was crazy. I was bouncing up-and-down all day, although I finished with a net profit of $40. This, unfortunately, came after losing $100 on Sunday. I need to calm myself down, be patient, and pick my spots better. I need to stop calling raises with drawing hands. I've also been a bit unlucky... for example, I called a raise with AJs (dumb, I know) and the flop came down A Q J. Now, perhaps I should be able to get away from this hand, but I could not. Ergo, I dumped an entire buy-in to my opponent who held QQ. What's a boy to do? (I know... I know... I should fold AJs preflop!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home