Thursday, August 11, 2005

A bit of success at the low limits

After last night's frustration, I decided to play full table limit games. At Party, this was $0.50/$1.00. I did play 4-tables at a time, but I promised myself to play tight-aggressive and that's what I did. I played a little less than 300 hands and I won $28 or so. That's a really good win rate and I need to remind myself of that. I essentially recovered my losses from earlier today. Hopefully, I can start the recovery from last night's debacle soon enough.

While 4-tabling at Party, I opened two tables at Full Tilt... one $0.50/$1.00 and the other $1/$2. I played really well at both tables (I played all 6 tables well, actually) and I won about $20 at the $0.5/$1.00 and about $10 at the $1/$2 table. At the latter table, I initially took some brutally bad beats from the donkey two seats to my right. He literally played every hand and he was catching great hands against my good hands. Karma caught up to us both, however and I starting catching sets two his top two pair (et cetera) and I got back to even in the room and then some. In summary, it was a very good session. My stack is now $160 at Full Tilt and I am about ready to get another $20 in bonus cash. Right now I am $80 ahead of my bonus. This is probably the key stat because eventually I'll cash out the $260 of bonus money, per my stupid policy.

The other cool thing is that Phil Ivey just sat down to play $0.5/$1.00 limit and I am first on the waiting list. Somehow, I bet no one leaves... but it'll be fun to have the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home