Sunday, August 21, 2005

Am I cursed? Oh wait... maybe not... oh yes, definitely... no, not really

This weekend has been a very frustrating weekend of poker. It has been VERY swingy. Some of it was definitely bad play, but some of it was bad luck. Anyway, after a long, bad afternoon session... I went out for a jog, during which I had a little conversation with myself in which I came to the startling realization that I have to play well to win.

So, I decided to play well. Good enough. For whatever reason, I decided to play no limit at Full Tilt, and I won $45 in like 50 hands. Part of that was a major suck-out where I rivered a straight to beat two pair. I almost immediately pissed it away when I flopped a set but two people also flopped straights. Ugh. After that, I had another conversation with myself.

I then started a limit, 6max table at Stars. I played really really well and I lost $20 in like 80 hands. The session was full of gems where I'd catch the nut-flush on the turn and get ALOT of action... and then have the board pair on the river. This was when I started to believe that I was cursed.

I also started playing at Party ($2/$4 limit) and I was stuck $60 when I lost the first 57 hands (seriously, 57 hands, no wins). My favorite was when the donkey to my left limped UTG with 46o. I had K3o (big blind) and caught trips on the turn... but he had the nut straight. Eventually, though, I took advantage of this donkey. This was when I decided that I wasn't cursed. One of the hands I had AJ... flopped a jack for top pair... then top trips on the turn... and finally, I caught quads on the river.

After that, I started playing no limit at Party also. My no limit game seemed to be working at FTP. Of course, I was cursed at Party. One hand, I flopped the under-full house but my opponent caught a better full house on the turn. Crap!

Nonetheless, I eventually went on a nice rush at Full Tilt playing no limit, eventually bringing my stack to an all-time high of $320.

Finally, I opened a no limit table at Stars. I won a nice hand when I flopped top pair (kings) and then rivered trips... my opponent held AA. Maybe I wasn't cursed afterall. I eventually won $20 or so, the most noteworthy hand was when I flopped the nut straight and pushed all-in against a donkey with a flush draw. Luckily, the flush did not hit and I won.

If this blog seems disjointed, then it is because my brain is mush. I need to get off of this roller coaster. I would really like to build my stacks at all four sites that I play, but all four seem to be bouncing up and down. This is going to drive me nuts. If I ever reach $1200 at Party, I am going to cash out another $200.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home