Thursday, September 08, 2005

I suck

Last night was one of my worst nights of poker in a long long time. I played reasonably well but then I made some HUGE mistakes that just killed me. The worst hand of the night was at Poker Stars where my KK was accidentally folded because I didn't act in time. Actually, I acted in time but for some reason the damn click didn't seem to take and I didn't notice in time. Either way, it was a huge pot that was won with TT (unimproved). The very next hand I folded AQ on an ace-high flop because there was alot of action, a flush draw, and I was against three people. It turns out that I had the best hand at the time (the hand was won with unimproved KK). But to make matters worse, the turn was an ace and the river was a queen. Crap!

I lost a little at UltimateBet and won a little at Full Tilt. I had a nice win at Full Tilt until people started sucking out on me. One arrogant jerk was shocked when I checked the river (a jack) when the board showed Q J T. Based on the way he had played the hand, there was only one reasonable hand that he could hold (AK). So, I checked. Anyway, he was pissed that I foiled his check-raise.

I also played the Daniel Negreanu Open tournament at Poker Stars. I busted out Jayson Webber like 5 hands into it when I called his preflop raise with AQo. The flop came down ten-high, and I check-raised him. He then re-raised me all-in and I called. Yes, a bad call. He has a pair of tens with a king kicker; I caught an ace and busted him out. After, I played correctly for about 30 minutes. I had one good hand where I bluffed a guy off of a nice pot. After that, I was actually in the top ten for the tournament. But, I had a horrible hand (instant karma finally got me) where I held Q8s in the big blind. The button (short-stack) mini-raised so I called. I flopped top two pair and we got all of our money in on the flop. He held A8o and he caught an ace on the river to double up. The very next hand I pushed all-in with AK (tilt!) and lost. That left me with a small stack. After that, I actually played decently. I ended the night on the big blind when I pushed all in with JTo (remember, I was short-stacked) against A8o. I caught a ten on the flop, but both the turn and river were aces and I was out.

I really need to get my head out of my ass with respect to all of this poker stuff. I don't like losing at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home