Sunday, September 18, 2005

Heads Up SNGs: Thumbs Down!

I have been playing alot of heads up sit-n-go's at Full Tilt. I started out great with these, raising my bankroll there from about $40 to as high as $110 at one point. Unfortunately, I bored of them quite quickly and eventually pissed away a bunch of wins via reckless play. He just check-raised me all-in? Hmmm... I have middle pair... that must be good, I'll call. Anyway, you can see how this would not be very successful. Anyway, I have just about managed to clear the remainder of my original deposit bonus there, so my bankroll will soon be about $75. That's not great, but I hopefully can build from there again. I plan to reload before the end of the month to take advantage of their 50% reload bonus. I'd do it right now except that there is a two month time limit on it.

Right now, I have about $400 in bonus money at UltimateBet that is just waiting to be cleared. My stack there is about $150, so I can reasonably safely play $0.50/$1.00. I hope that I can play better than I have and I can build a nice stack. I still have a ways to go with my Poker Stars bonus. Perhaps when I am motivated and in the mood, I'll try clearing the heads-up SNG way. Stars' bonuses actually clear VERY quickly via tournaments rather than via open table. For now, though, I need a break from them.

In other news, we continue to ready ourselves for 7 lbs of holy hell... I mean our beautiful daughter. Since September 1, I have installed dead bolt locks (3 more sets to come, actually), a garbage disposal, and a bunch of shelves. I have also fixed the brakes on my car and replaced the spring on the garage door. The guy at Home Depot had something very profound to say: "The only thing guaranteed to work when purchasing a new house is the owner". Oh well, I just won $1.40 play 7stud at Full Tilt. As a result, my bonus has been cleared and I can now attack the UB bonuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home