Thursday, September 15, 2005

Negreanu Open and more

I played the Negreanu Open last night for the second time. Last week, I won an all-in very early when I made a horrible call of an all-in and I sucked out. This week was quite the opposite. I played great and I was slowly building my stack until I had "the hand". I was dealt AA in the small blind and it was folded to the button who made a standard raise. I re-raised and he called. The flop looked good to me, Q 8 7 (rainbow). So, I pushed all-in. The button turned over 87 and I did not improve. I was short-stacked after that and I finished in 52nd place (or so) out of about 125. Without a doubt, this was the best that I had ever played in an MTT. I just wish I had played AA better. I should have raised more before the flop, especially out of position. Oh well.

I have been having quite a bit of luck with the heads-up SNGs. My stack at Full Tilt is now just below $100 (up from $40), although my focus is not what it once was. I probably should start playing fewer of these and grind more. They have similar SNGs at Stars, although the structure is even slower. I still think that they're a great way to build a stack -- especially if you can grind and grind. I am starting to get comments that alot of my opponents are bored after 60 hands or so. Gee, here's a new strategy. Play tight for 60 hands and then let your opponent donate $5 to your bankroll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home