Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A rough night with AQ and a bad morning too

I had a bad night of poker (last night) primarily due to that most damned of hands AQ. Although this applies to no limit moreso than limit, AQ is generally considered the most dangerous hand in hold'em. I lost about $40 at Ultimatebet and at least half of it was to AQ. I was continually flopping an ace or a queen and losing the hand. I was a little unique, however, in that I was losing to flushes and straights rather than to AK (well, I did that once too... just for flavor). I really didn't play all that badly, but that doesn't change the fact that I lost. In fact, I have nice wins at three of the four tables that I was playing, but I got absolutely killed at the fourth. I feel like my game is good, though, so I just need to keep grinding.

This morning I played a little no limit at Party. I played one hand REALLY poorly, when I re-raised from the small blind with AKo. The flop was Kd Qd Td and I pushed all-in despite the fact that I had no diamond. I was called by the button who also held AKo, but held Ad. So, I gave him a freeroll for all of my money. Doh! Luckily, we split. A couple of hands later, I picked up KK and lost my entire stack anyway when my opponent flopped a set. I don't mind losing my stack there as much as I hate the way I played the AKo hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home